We are pleased to welcome Dr. Rony Gelman to our team of physicians starting January 1st, 2019
Dr. Gelman is a board-certified ophthalmologist who specializes in the medical and surgical management of vitreoretinal diseases. After completing his ophthalmology residency and a medical retina fellowship in inherited retinal degenerations through a Foundation Fighting Blindness Clinical/Research Fellowship Career Development Award, both at the Harkness Eye Institute of Columbia University, Dr. Gelman completed further medical and surgical vitreoretinal fellowship training at the University of Southern California.
He specializes in the diagnosis of age-related macular degeneration (AMD), inherited retinal degenerations and dystrophies, diabetic retinopathy, vascular diseases of the retina, and retinal detachments.
Dr. Gelman’s research interests include:
- Hereditary retinal degenerations
- retinal imaging
- biomedical informatics
- retinopathy of prematurity
Dr. Gelman’s education:
- MD: Tufts University School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency: Columbia University, Harkness Eye Institute
- Vitreoretinal Surgical & Medical Fellowship: University of Southern California
- Postdoctoral clinical fellowship in inherited retinal degenerations: Columbia University, Harkness Eye Institute